Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Still trying to catch up

You know, the bad thing about this catching up is that you (that is..if anyone is there) read the last one first. I told about D and the shop, the storm but haven't got to telling about my renters. She left him about 3 weeks ago. she told me she was planning on it before the storm - it just delayed it a little. When she left, she did it while he was at work. When he got off he came over and asked me if I got any mail for him from FEMA. I told him no, T gave me my mail, which is when she told me she was leaving. So he thinks she got the check and took off with it. I thought it was kind of odd when she brought me my mail. I usually bring her the mail. I really don't know or care but she also took their dog and left him the cat. One day I came home for lunch and saw him drive up and she pulled in behind him, walked up to the truck and started hitting him. He got out and they both went at it in the driveway. I kept trying to call the cops with my cell phone because our regular phone hadn't bee fixed yet. Its a new phone and I kept forgetting to hit the green button. They stopped and she was still standing there after he went in so I called him to make sure he was alright. That was a mistake because he had already called the cops and since I saw what happened, I had to wait to tell what I saw. My neighbor was outside and also had to tell what he saw. I was hoping they had dropped it but a man from the dept came by last Wednesday and we had to write out a statement. Next, I guess we go to court. He filed on her and she filed on him for taking the dog. That's what the fight was about. He went driving around where she works and lives and saw the dog walking on the street and took him home. Shes trying to file battery charges on him and she's the one who started hitting first. He was just fighting her off til she stopped swinging at him. So he filed on her. Its a bunch of crap, anyway. He told me she thinks we're sleeping together. I said I wasn't surprised. She can think all she wants.
Believe it or not, I use to live a nice quite peaceful life until recently. I didn't even know my neighbors except the ones next to me. Me and Mama would go to church sometimes or go visit my best friend who lives here, too, or go out of town to visit relatives. There was no drunks, fighting, or any other BS. There wasn't any damn dogs going around killing cats either. I haven't heard from D at the shop. I was expecting her to pop up after I moved out but she didn't and that's good. That was another big disappointment. I was excited about the shop and making plans to advertise, get more mdse, etc..It wasn't mine tho, I rented a space from D who rented it from the owner of the building. Oh well, that's the way it goes, huh? I may try to get another space in the Spring from someone who knows how to stay sober and run a business. Time to go.

2 comments:

JanC said...

So sorry to hear about Shadow, it's not been a good time for you and your pets lately has it....hope you're ok.
So can't you still post to your Bravenet journal, i popped in there first but there was no new posts from you so i came here. Any ways have a good weekend or as good as you can...to be honest i think those tennants you took on have been more trouble than they are worth.

Tere said...

Hi Jan, I can't post on my journal til I get another pc. This one was given to me from a friend at work. Its pretty old and the cd rom doesn't work so I can't change programs and it has windows95 in it. When I log in, I get a pop-up ad and I don't have any pop up blockers right now. I hope to get a better one soon but this is better than none (I think:-) Better get to work. ttyl