Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Bad Day

This morning at work when I was on break, M,my renter, who also works there,came in and asked me if I had a gun. I answered;"No, why?" He told me 2 dogs killed a black cat in my front yard. I have (or had) a black cat named Shadow but there are a couple of other black cats in the neighborhood. One is here almost all the time now and we started calling him Blacky. I like him but I have to admit; I was hoping it wasn't Shadow. I came home for lunch and saw Kitty, our other cat who is Shadow's mother,and Blacky...No Shadow. I sat around outside hoping she would pop up and looked out there a little while ago to see if she was here for her supper and she's not. My renter said by the time he realized what was going on, it was too late. He chased them off and hit one of them with a log. He was still had on his pajama bottoms and went in to change so he could bury her but by the time he went back out she was gone. Guess they carried her body off. She was 10 years old. I get too attached to my pets. I was still missing Princess, one of my dogs, who died about 2 weeks ago. She was 14. What really upsets me about Shadow is how she died. Princess was getting old and I knew she wouldn't be here much longer but Shadow was killed by 2 visious dogs who shouldn't have been out. I have to keep mine inside except when I'm out with them because the fence is down. But these were running the roads.
Fema came and put a tarp on my roof last week and it leaked last night when it rained. I was going to ask them to come again but they had moved from their location where I applied. Great! Still haven't got an estimate. Was supposed to get one Friday and he didn't show up. I'm off tomorrow so I'll be on the phone again. I need my old house worked on too so I can rent it out. Its going to be a while and I need to be patient. That's what I keep telling myself but my patience is running low right now. Okay, I'm through bitching for now. Going out to take one more look and a smoke. b4now

No comments: