Friday, October 28, 2005

Back again

There's so much to tell..where do I start...haven't posted here since July. I think we were trying to get moved into the new house. Mama and I got a double wide and put it behind the old house. We spent 5 nights in it and had to evacuate. Stayed 2 weeks at my son's house. Oh, before that my computer crashed..its a goner. A friend at work had this one in her shed and gave it to me. I figured it would get destroyed in the storm but it survived. I miss my dsl. I'm using dial up right now and this computer has windows95 in it. My xp is still at the shop with my other computer. Their roof collasped so its in their storage right now. I lost everything in the other computer and most of it wasn't on disk. I hope to get my son's computer soon. I'm getting them a new one for Christmas, or should I say Christmas, birthday, anniversary, etc.
We were lucky compared to some others when "Rita" hit. A pine tree fell on our master bath, there's a hole about the size of a basketball and 2 smaller ones in the roof and ceiling. I was supposed to get an estimate today but he didn't show up. Glad FEMA put a good tarp on it coz it looks like its going to be a while before I get it repaired. My old house has a metal strip hanging from the roof and that's it!; and the lil house my renter lives in didn't get a scratch. I hated seeing my new house damaged but like I said, we were one of the lucky ones. Its a mess everywhere. I'll probably be cleaning up my yard for the next month or so. 4 trees fell in it and I have a big tree that didn't fall but some of the limbs that fell out of it are the size of small trees.
On the brighter side, I really enjoyed spending time with my son and grandson. I hadn't seen my grandson in 5 months. My son had been down a couple of times helping me house hunt and move. I also liked the break from work. I'll have to be careful what I wish for. Before the storm I was trying to get moved in the new house and had just got a space in a thrift shop to sell my stuff,needed to get my old house ready to rent, plus going to work..There were times I would think I needed to get away from all of it a while; I got my wish, but that's not exactly what I had in mind.:-)
I moved out of the shop when I got back. That didn't last long. I'll tell about that later. I better sign off for now. I'm hoping this post shows up. cyl, Tere

No comments: